State of The LambdaBoyo Hub - When the Music's Over

    The first review I ever posted was on 3 December 2020, back when I was a high school sophomore, just diving into the 1001 Albums list for the first time and wanting something to show for my journey - that was when I created my RateYourMusic account. About a year after that was when I first made The LambdaBoyo hub (although it was under a slightly different name that's become forgotten to me), back when I was seriously hoping for music journalism to become my career - I dreamed of someday publishing books like Christgau or writing for Pitchfork (Rest in Peace), long before I ever got the idea of education or making my own music in my mind. As I'm sure you've gathered for that short introduction, that was a long time ago; I've since graduated and gotten my way into university, begun recording my own material, and my focuses in life continued to change as new ambitions made themselves known.

    Amidst it all, though, this blog has remained a very big focus for me, even amidst lengthy breaks that would happen spontaneously for various unrelated or sometimes-related reasons. I've never been one to step away from something like this, even if I knew I likely should for my own sake, but it's only been very recently where I've decided that the time has come for a change to the blog, as I just can't keep up with it in its current form. That isn't to say that I'm calling it quits here, but what I am saying is that longform reviews will most likely be taking a major backseat for the foreseeable future. I understand that this path isn't exactly ideal, but I feel that it will be better in the long-run for both the people who come to read the blog only to be met by the fact that I haven't uploaded in a month, and for myself seeing that I have gradually been losing the drive that has kept me trying to push out reviews when my heart just hasn't been in it.

    In the future, expect more capsule style reviews for albums in a weekly fashion where I cover a handful of albums at once as opposed to a centralized dive into whatever album Oasis shat out in 2005 (exciting, huh?). I still may do more centralized reviews at some point again, not just for one album but for artists' catalogs - I've been planning a thorough exploration of Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones for a good while, now. I hope these changes will not only help to keep the blog at least somewhat active, but will allow me more flexibility and "breathing room" for the future.

    The first of these reviews will be published Saturday next week - I'll still probably open each collection with some short thoughts and ideas, and also end said reviews with those ideas, but for the most part it will be a more downsized approach to the blog. I'd like to thank you all in advance for bearing with me, but also for the immense amount of support that has been shown in the past for what I write - I hope that I can still manage to bring something of value, even with these changes.

Eat a peach.


Comments